|Sno||Hearing Date||Procceding||Next Hearing Date & Time||Status|
|1||22-10-2020||Commissions order for hearing||10-11-2020
Shri Vinay Kumar Jain, Counsel for petitioner.
2. Heard him.
3. He submits that the Commission has power to declare WHRB power at par with renewable energy. In support of his arguments, he referred an observation of Maharashtra Electricity Regulatory Commission in suo-motu petition No. 56 of 2011 decided on 29.12.2011, in which the Maharashtra Commission expresses that ”…………………….. in order to approve any such new technology as Waste Heat Recovery and production of electricity i.e. co-generation from fossil fuel in sponge iron manufacture as qualified renewable energy source, the same has to be approved by Ministry of New and Renewable Energy Sources (MNRE)”
4. In several cases, this Commission has also recognized WHRB power for setting off the Renewable Purchase Obligation (RPO) by the obligated entities. However, in our view, there is a debatable point whether the Commission may declare the WHRB power at par with the renewable energy. The point cannot be decided without proper discussions.
5. At this moment, the petitioner’s counsel proposes to make certain amendments in his petition by making suitable application.
6. We allow his request with direction to file the amendment application within 15 days. He is further directed to produce citations on the point whether the Commission may direct or ask the MNRE to make policy on the matter.
7. Next date of hearing will be fixed and communicated later after compliance of above directives by the petitioner.
The case is listed today for hearing on application filed by the petitioner for impleadment of MNRE.
2. It is learnt that arguing counsel of the petitioner is suffering from Covid-19 and is yet to recover. Further, Member (Judicial) of the Commission is on leave today due to certain sudden development. Hence, the hearing is adjourned.
3. The case be listed for further hearing on 09.02.2021 at 3:30 PM.
Hearing held through video conferencing.
Ms. Ritu Chouhan, Counsel for petitioner.
2. Ms. Ritu Chouhan seeks time as arguing counsel Shri Vinay Jain is not able to argue the matter today, due to his illness. Time granted.
3. The case be listed for hearing on 05.03.2021 at 11:30 AM.